Ground Beef TacosJuly 23, 2017
Fried PicklesJuly 24, 2017
Tabbouleh with olive oil...Everybody's favorite salad
4 bunches of Italian Parsley chopped finely
1 bunch of fresh green mint chopped finely
5 medium sized tomatoes chopped
1 small white onion chopped finely
1/4 cup of fine Burghul (fine cracked wheat #1)
1/3 to 1/2 cup of Al Wazir olive oil
1/2 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 to 2/3 teaspoon of salt
1/3 teaspoon of Lebanese 7-Spices*
- Wash all vegetables and let dry, especially the parsley and mint.
- Cut stems off parsley then chop finely. Spread chopped parsley on paper towels and let rest for a few mins in order to get rid of the moisture. Parsley needs to be dry of moisture before adding it to the mixing bowl.
- Cut stems off mint, and finely chop the leaves. Lay them on a paper towel and let dry.
- Finely chop onions and mix with 7-spices.
- Chop tomatoes into very small cubes then place in strainer to rid them of the juice.
- Rinse the Burghul then place in strainer to rid them of the water.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, the olive oil and salt all over the ingredients. Mix lightly and avoid over-mixing so it doesn’t turn soggy.